For this week’s blog post I decided to show you this greek salad omlette that I made for my family on Wednesday. It was a great choice for dinner as it is super hot right now and a light fluffy omlette is exactly what we needed on a summer day. This recipe is vegetarian and really easy to make. I made this recipe to feed 3 people so if you have to alter the amounts for more or less people then feel free to do so. If you want to know how to make this.. then keep reading.
- 9 eggs (3 for each person)
- Handful of parsley leaves
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 3 tomatoes
- Black or green olives
- 200g feta cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Wild rocket leaves
How to make it:
1. Heat the frying pan with a dash of olive oil. In a bowl whisk the eggs, parsley, pepper and salt together.
2. Fry the chopped onion over a high heat for about 4 minutes until they start to brown around the edges.
3. Throw in the tomatoes and olives and cook for 1 or 2 minutes until the tomatoes begin to soften.
4. Lower the heat to about medium and pour in the eggs. Stir as they begin to set until half cooked.
5. Scatter over the feta then fry until omlette is puffed up and golden.
The finished omlette should look something like this. I placed it on a bed of wild rocket leaves so that it was healthier and added to the salad element of this recipe.
I hope you enjoyed reading and I recommend trying this recipe at home for a dinner or a light lunch. Until next time…
Do you recommend any recipes for me to try? What do you love cooking at home?